- Michael from Granville, NY won $5,462 on Wheel of Fortune!
- Eugene from Massena, NY won $6,099 on Quick Hits!
- Denise from Montreal, QC won $6,894 on Double Jackpot!
- Daniel from Colchester, VT won $7,200 on Quick Hits!
- Robert from Massena, NY won $12,231 High Dollar 7’s!
- Denise from Malone, NY won $12,503 on 88 Fortunes!
- Valerie from Hogansburg, NY won $20,982 on Peacock Magic!
Job Title: Lead Housekeeper
Department: Casino Services
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager
Status: FT-Non-Exempt (Hourly)
License: Requires a Class III Gaming License
Closing Date: Monday July 3, 2017-Open until filled.
SUMMARY: The Lead Housekeeper prepares work assignments, monitors and trains housekeeping staff to ensure that all procedures are completed to department standards. The candidate is expected to work in harmony with their co-workers, interacting with all Casino Housekeeping associates to ensure an efficient work environment is achieved.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Exhibits a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with our guests and fellow associates to communicate guest service scores to drive improvement and higher guest satisfaction.,
• Must be able to be flexible in scheduling including, holidays, weekends. Foster teamwork mentality with staff and other leads by leading by example.
• Training and developing new staff members in accordance with departments standard operating procedures.
• Assist in the preparation of schedules and reviews. Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and enforce Akwesasne Mohawk Casino safety standards, policies and procedures. Coach and Counsel employees in accordance with the disciplinary process. Prepare all paperwork to complete work orders and submit to Facilities Department.Lead staff efficiently and effectively by assigning tasks and inspecting work for conformance to standards.
• Possess strong work ethic and positive attitude towards job, detail oriented, reliable and able to work well independently.
• Basic computer work required.
• Other duties as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully complete the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Previous experience in a supervisory role is required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has supervisory responsibility. Assists the Housekeeping Manager in carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsible for supervising a staff of 6-10 employees.
• REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. The position exists in a casino work environment where there is occasional exposure of the associate to noise and cigarette smoke from the casino floor. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must obtain and maintain a New York State certification and St. Regis Mohawk Tribal Gaming Class III License which requires a criminal background check to be used solely for employment purposes. Successful candidates for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed. In case of a positive result, the candidate is not eligible for employment with the Mohawk Gaming Enterprises. Employment will not begin until process is complete
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY: The Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort gives preference to Native Americans who meet the minimum qualifications for the posted position and who are enrolled members of a Tribe. Applicants not entitled to Native Preference will receive consideration without discrimination based on age, sex, disability or national origin.
To view complete job description and to apply click here